The Plant Nursery
The Online Plant Nursery is now closed for orders
Some important notes before you place an order:
- I’m offering three sizes of plants for the fall sale. The large, $5 size have been growing in 2” x 5” plug trays. The medium, $3 size have been growing in 2” x 3” plug trays and the small $1.50 size has been growing in the same 1” x 3” plug trays that the plants I’ve been offering through the summer have been in. The photo above shows examples of the sizing. These prices still include the HST.
- These are being sold without containers and come with hand written labels. I will be removing them from their trays and wrapping them in paper for pickup. They will need to be planted right away.
- Because these are small, young, delicate plants, their survival depends entirely on the care they receive in the days, weeks and months after you take them home. They do not come with a warranty.
- Please be sure to have a planting space ready for these as soon as you bring them home, even if it is just a container to pop them into for a few weeks until their permanent home is ready. They cannot survive more than a day or so in their paper wrapping.
- These plants are pickup only, by appointment.
- Pickup locations include Vanier, Blackburn Hamlet and Perth Ontario. I’ll be preparing each order as per your scheduled pickup time to minimize the amount of time they have to wait to be replanted. Pickup times will be available on weekdays and weekday evenings. I do not offer shipping.
- Unless otherwise noted, all of these plants are native to Ontario according to the Database of Vascular Plants of Canada (VASCAN).
- Please don’t order more plants than you have space for. This is hard, I know. 😊
- Please respect the growing requirements of the plants. They are living beings, well adapted to the conditions that they have evolved to thrive in, but they have limitations as well.
- Plants grow in communities, please don't neglect the groundcover, grass or sedge layer when planning which species to add to a space. If planning a complex native plant community is new to you, please check out this presentation, which includes step-by-step instructions for planning out your planting spaces.
- The seeds came to me as gifts from the plants, from people who gathered them from the plants they care for, through the Ottawa Wildflower Seed Library and from seeds I purchased from Prairie Moon Nursery.
- What I am charging for as I sell these plants is the materials and time that I put into their care and the work associated with maintaining this website and filling orders.
- May 12th to 19th for pickups on May 23rd and 25th
- May 26th to June 2nd for pickups on June 5th, 6th and 8th
- REVISED DATE: Store will open on Friday, June 16th for pickups on June 27th and 29th and July 4th.
- NEW DATE: The store will open on Monday, July 24th for pickups on Tuesday, August 1st
- The fall sale will start on Wednesday, August 30th, for pickups in September after Labour Day
The library will be converted to a store on the weeks that it is open for orders.